2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF SITE
Last Updated on Jan 1, 2007
1. Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
The federal Personal
Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) sets
out rules and principles for the management of personal information by
commercial organizations. JobYoYo services are made
available to employers and job seekers across
4. PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
5. JobYoYo does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
2. JobYoYo requests certain information from you if you elect to register as a user of this site (“Registration Information”). Registration Information includes your full name, email address and postal code.
3. If you are a registered user of the site you may elect to post one or more resumés (“Resumés”) to the site. The extent of the information that is collected when you post a Resumé depends on what you choose to place in your Resumé. At a minimum, if you post a Resumé, JobYoYo will require that you provide your full name, postal code, phone number and email address. Your Resumé may contain additional information such as your experience, education, skills or any other information about yourself that you decide to provide.
4. At times, we may ask you to provide us with general information (“User Information”) about you to assist us in meeting your various needs or to better understand the requirements, profiles and experience of our site visitors. This information includes information that is collected if you choose to participate in a survey, if you ask to be kept updated about new developments or services offered by JobYoYo or its affiliates, or if you contact JobYoYo.
5. You can visit this site without telling us who you are and without providing JobYoYo with any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information (“Anonymous Information”) may be collected by us automatically. Our Web server may collect the IP address and the name of the Internet service provider (“ISP”) associated with the computer from which you accessed this site, the type and version of Web browser and operating system that you are using, and the address of the Web site that you visited prior to this site. If your Web browser is configured to accept cookies, we may place either temporary cookies (only until you exit your current browser window) or permanent cookies (until you manually disable or delete the cookie using your browser software) on your computer. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Web server automatically sends to your browser for storage on your computer, which then permits our Web server to recall information about your preferences as a part of the Anonymous Information. Please note that portions of this site will not function if you do not accept cookies.
6. With the exception of the Anonymous Information described above, you will always know when we are collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
8. We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our services to minor.
1. Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site.
2. User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to update you on the site and by email regarding new site developments and information about our services or those of our affiliates, to answer your questions and to provide you with services that you have requested.
3. User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to provide advertisers and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our customers and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
4. If you are a registered user of this site and have provided us with Registration Information, we may use your Registration Information and User Information to provide tailored job opportunities or other information to you.
5. Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. We may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to report information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors log in to this site).
6. If cookies are enabled for your Internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
8. Anonymous Information may be used to serve you with targeted advertising on this site. Targeted advertisements are probably more interesting for you and are more productive for our advertisers.
9. Resumés are accessed by employers, recruiters, human resource professionals and other registered users of the JobYoYo Resumé database. You will be provided with the choice of either allowing all parties who use our Resumé database service to access your Resumé and to contact you, or of limiting access to those organizations to whom you choose to apply for a job.
10. JobYoYo makes every effort through contractual means and through the use of user IDs and passwords to restrict those who have access to our Resumé database from using Resumés other than for the purpose of fulfilling a job posting. However, JobYoYo cannot guarantee that all employers, recruiters and other persons with access will adhere to the limitations that we impose on them, or that unauthorized persons will not gain access to the database. If at any time you would like your Resumé removed from our site, you may do so by using the “delete resumé” function located on the site. However, employers, recruiters and others who have subscribed for access to the Resumé database, or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Resumé in their own systems and databases.
13. When information is collected from you by JobYoYo as a part of an online or email survey, unless you request to receive the results of the survey, no personally identifiable information is requested during such surveys and all collected information is used on an aggregated basis only.
Communication with JobYoYo
14. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information
1. You may choose to delete your Resumé from our records at any time. Certain Registration Information regarding your account with us will normally be retained such as your name, email address and postal code should you wish to post a Resumé or access our services subsequently.
2. We maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
3. As a part of our record retention practices and policies, if you email us at privacy@JobYoYo.com, we will erase all of your personal information upon request, including your Registration Information and account. If personal information is ever to be used to make a decision about you it will be retained long enough to allow you access to the information after the decision has been made.
4. All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
1. We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
2. We may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
3. We may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing JobYoYo, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, JobYoYo will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
4. We will generally obtain your consent electronically on our site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, we will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
6. You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by JobYoYo at any time by sending an email to privacy@JobYoYo.com or by calling 1-888-641-4047, but such a request would be subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We would also require reasonable advance notice to effect any requested changes. A request that we no longer collect or use your Registration Information or certain User Information or Anonymous Information, may mean that we will no longer have practical means to provide you with our services or products. You may no longer be able to log in to our site or may lose certain functionality when visiting the site, including functionality that depends on Anonymous Information such as the placement of cookies.
7. If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized us to share with others, such as your Resumé, you should know that employers, recruiters and others who have subscribed to the Resumé database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Resumé or such personal information in their own systems and databases.
1. We will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide to us.
JobYoYo uses a third party
service company to process credit card transactions if employers, recruiters
and others who have subscribed for access to the Resumé
database or other paid services. This will not affect job seekers using our
site. The third party service provider is required to comply with privacy laws
and principles comparable to ours. All credit card transactions are completed
using secure electronic encryption. However, because the company is located in
3. With the exception of credit card transactions, JobYoYo never transfers any personal information to third parties for processing or storage.
Your personal information is located on a server situated
2. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you
3. JobYoYo provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete the Registration Information and certain other personal information you have provided to us at any time on your own by going to My JobYoYo on the site and changing or deleting your Registration Information and other personal information as desired. We ask that you regularly log in to the site and update your personal information and in particular your contact information to ensure its accuracy.
4. You can update or delete your Resumé at any time by logging on to the site and making the required changes. However, employers, recruiters and others who subscribe to the Resumé database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Resumé in their own systems and databases.
5. You may similarly contact us to address errors or omissions relating to your personal information by emailing privacy@JobYoYo.com or by telephoning 1-888-641-4047. JobYoYo does not share your identifiable personal information with any third party.
6. If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any updates to which you have subscribed, you can log in to the site and change your personal preferences or email a request to comments@support.JobYoYo.com indicating your preference not to receive updates.
7. Upon request made in writing, JobYoYo will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, at minimal or no cost to you, in accordance with processes and procedures that we have put in place for such requests. If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm what personal information we have, please send an email to privacy@JobYoYo.com with your request, identifying all email addresses which you may have given us. If there is a cost involved at all, we will inform you at that time.
9. JobYoYo will respond to all requests for access within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
10. In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that we hold about you. We may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, could be expected to threaten the life or security of an individual, reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by a legally recognized privilege, if it was created as part of a settlement or dispute resolution process, or if it was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law. JobYoYo will provide reasons to you if it refuses an access request.
11. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
1. Where JobYoYo considers it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that we collect, use or disclose, JobYoYo uses encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Our practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
2. E-mails you send to us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to provide it by post or via the telephone instead.
3. It is important that you keep your User ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on our Site.
4. There are occasionally fraudulent “phishing” emails targeting individuals who the perpetrators believe might be registered users of this site. We never send an email which requests users to visit a Web page or place a call and provide their user ID, password or any personal information. We will never ask you to confirm your user ID or password via email. If you ever receive such an email, do not log in from any referred link and do not provide any personal information. You should contact our Business Support Group at 1-888-641-4047 immediately and inform us of the email.
5. We work to protect the security of credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We do not reveal credit card numbers when confirming an order.
1. JobYoYo has partnered with reputable third parties to offer our customers a variety of services. Many of these services also require registration to make them function properly. You can recognize most of these sites if you see both organizations' names on the Web page. For example, if you see a logo on the page that says "Powered by ", you are on a co-hosted site. We also have other third-party relationships, where the third party provides the technology or service under the JobYoYo name and Website. In either of these cases, unless otherwise indicated at the registration page, JobYoYo does not provide your Registration Information to its third party partners. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our third party partners may have different privacy policies and practices than JobYoYo. We encourage you to review our business partners' privacy policies further to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
2. This site may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other sites.
1. JobYoYo will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints to our Chief Privacy Officer. All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.
You can contact us by
e-mail at privacy@JobYoYo.com,
through our toll-free line at 1-800-355-0744 or by postal mail at:
3. If you contact us by telephone, please note that telephone calls may be recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.